Join us on this stunningly beautiful stretch of beach where powder-fine white sand meets crystal clear Caribbean waters. Tulum, in La Riviera Maya, is a global village where artists and seekers from all over the world come to soak up the vibes and experience natural wonder. The surrounding areas draw cave divers, explorers, bird watchers, kite surfers, anthropologists, artists, and naturalists, to name just a few.
This is an opportunity to pull away from your norm, experience the raw beauty of this location and recharge your spirit.
- Spend time on white sand beaches
- Soak up the Caribbean sun and swim in crystal clear water
- Explore the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore cenotes, which are brightly colored fresh water pools and caves unique to this area.
- Learn about ancient Mayan culture and visit sacred Mayan ruins
- Snorkel with tropical marine life
- Have the opportunity to swim with sea turtles as they feed in the wild
- Practice yoga daily (optional)
- Practice SUP yoga in the beautiful Si’an Kaan Lagoon or a cenote
- Salsa dance on the beach (lesson included!)
- Eat fresh, healthy food in stunning natural settings
- Detoxify and pamper with spa treatments, if desired, including local clay treatments
- Share thoughts on meaningful topics, such as the interconnected nature of things and wisdom gained from the Mayan culture, through group conversations
- Experience the wonder of this vibrantly biologically diverse and stunningly beautiful part of our globe
Dates: March 7-14, 2015
- 7-nights accommodation in a beautiful beachfront cabana, steps from the Caribbean Sea
- Fresh fruit, pastries and coffee each morning
- Daily yoga classes
- A local’s tour of Tulum town and surrounding cenotes
- A visit to Mayan ruins and a float through ancient waterways in the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve (incredible!)
- A SUP yoga experience in a cenote or a freshwater lagoon
- Restorative sunset yoga in the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
- 2 Evening Dharma Talks (optional)
- And about half your meals beyond this (details in welcome packet)
Price does not include:
- Airfare into/out of Cancun
- Cost of transportation between Tulum and CUN airport
- About 1/2 your meals
- Spa treatments
- Optional excursions: Chichen Itza; More cenote exploration and snorkeling in Akumal; A regional cooking class
Price: $1,650 (shared*), $2,150 (private)
Prices are in USD. A nonrefundable deposit of 500USD is needed to hold your spot.
*Please note, each cabana has one king size bed. If you share accommodation, this would mean sharing the king-size bed.
*Subject to change, and activities are optional…. Do what you feel…
Saturday, March 7: Arrive into the Cancun airport. Take ADO Bus or shuttle* to Tulum and check into the hotel. Meet as a group by 5 pm. Sunset, happy hour and welcome dinner, al fresco, to follow.
Sunday: 8am – Beach walk, followed by breakfast, coffee, and tea. We’ll have our first yoga class together at 10 am. Then, lunch as a group, followed by a mini siesta. That afternoon, we will drive to Tulum town (about 15 min from the beach strip) for a local’s tour, as well as the opportunity to experience nearby cenotes (truly a TREAT). This evening, we’ll have dinner at La Zebra, followed by Salsa dancing on the beach (lesson included!).
Monday: 8 am – Beach walk, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am – Yoga, And then… BeAcH DaY – Rest, relax, recharge and SoAK uP the Caribbean sea. Ride a bike up and down the beach strip, and check out the unique and creatively designed boutique hotels and restaurants along the strip. Make sure to sample the delicious food! Options to have lunch and/or dinner with the group or on your own. We’ll meet for a Dharma Talk after dinner at 8:30 pm, to share ideas on meaningful and relevant topics.
Tuesday: 8 am – Beach walk, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am – depart for SUP Yoga, followed by lunch as a group. SUP Yoga will take place in a CeNoTE – in crystal clear fresh water. Truly an incredible experience to practice yoga on water surrounded by such beauty. After this, we’ll have time for a siesta, and then we’ll head to Cesiak for our first venture into the Sian Ka’an Biosphere reserve. Here we’ll have dinner, an opportunity to unwind with some gentle, restorative yoga, followed by a Dharma Talk, if desired, in an open-air palapa, overlooking the jungle and the sea.
Wednesday: Option 1: 8 am – Beach walk, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am – Yoga, followed by another gorgeous day at the beach, or possibly at the spa. Sign up for a cooking class in the evening, if you’re interested in learning about local spices and native comida. Option 2: Day trip to Chichen Itza, to visit one of the most significant sites of Mayan ruins. The day trip includes a trip through Valladolid, lunch and a visit to Dzinup cenote on the way home.
Thursday: 8 am – Beach walk, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am – Yoga. In the afternoon, choose between: Option 1: More time to soak up the sea. Ride bikes to local spots up and down the beach, go to the spa, have a massage in the open air, or shop in town. Option 2: Hop in the van to explore more cenotes and then snorkel with local guide, Martine Dufour. This is an opportunity to see off-the-beaten-path cenotes and to explore them underground. Martine is a naturalist guide from Canada, who has been living in Tulum for the last five years. She’ll share her knowledge of the Mayan culture and the local flora and fauna as she guides us through underground passageways and ultimately, to the nearby town of Aukamal to snorkel with Caribbean creatures. (Super fun! )
Friday: 8 am – Beach walk, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am – Yoga, And then….. we’ll head out to the ancient Mayan site of Muyil, where we will visit the ruins, walk through a different part of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve, and then float down the ancient waterway canals. This experience is hard to describe, but it is a highlight, and many people’s favorite part of time in Tulum. We will have a picnic lunch in the reserve, and then we’ll have a group dinner back in Tulum. After dinner drinks and a pow wow on the beach to follow, as we celebrate our last night together in ocean breezes and under star-filled skies.
Saturday: 8 am – yoga, 9 am – Breakfast, 10 am Yoga, Lunch as a group; …and then say our goodbyes. Shuttles or buses back to CUN Airport.*
*Transportation to/from CUN Airport and Tulum: The ADO Bus is extremely safe and reliable and is approximately $10 US. These take a little longer sometimes, if they stop in Playa del Carmen, but they are air-conditioned, clean and comfortable. You’ll even get a movie. If you prefer to have a door-to-door shuttle to avoid any wait time at all, I can help you arrange these, according to your flight times. These cost approx. $150 US.
Travel time between CUN and Tulum is about 2 hours.