Experience the Magic of Northern Thailand
Wow. Spending time in northern Thailand has changed me and my life in so many positive ways… I am thoroughly honored and excited for the opportunity to share it with you.
During these 10 days, we will venture off beaten tourist paths and explore the charm, vibrancy, and wonder of culturally rich northern Thailand. Chiang Mai is a bustling, multi-layered city, filled with temples, monasteries, delicious food, night markets, and friendly people. It is a haven for backpackers, spiritual seekers, yogis, and those looking to experience authenticity in their travels. Outside of the city, natural beauty abounds. Mountains, waterfalls, bamboo forests, small villages, and lush jungle areas are just outside the peaceful city of Chiang Mai.
Some of the highlights:
- Experience vibrant, bustling, yet still laid-back Chiang Mai
- Visit sacred temples and learn about their significance
- Eat incredible food at family-owned local gems
- Practice yoga in beautiful urban and natural settings, led by excellent local teachers
- Learn how to cook Thai food in a family-run Thai cooking class
- Peruse markets filled with textiles, crafts, clothing, jewelry, spices, street food, and more
- Learn about Buddhism, and, if were lucky, have a chance to speak with Buddhist monks
- Experience the Elephant Nature Park. Spend time in the presence of majestic elephants, up close and personally. Learn about the social structures, life histories, and dynamics of these intelligent, beautiful beings as they roam freely in the preserve. This is truly an experience of a lifetime.
- Learn about social and cultural issues happening in this part of the world and meet some of the superstars who are making a positive difference
- Retreat to a tiny mountain town outside the city, where we can explore caves, temples, temples in caves (yes!), and soak in natural hot springs. A nature lover’s paradise. Bonus: our hotel here is known for it’s delicious food. 🙂
- Enjoy ample amounts of Thai massage
- Bond with like-minded people
- Experience a different way of life
- And MORE.
A flexible itinerary provides options to be with the group or take time on your own to wander, spend extra time in temples, soak up foot massages and Thai massage, or just simply be. Because these are small group travel experiences, you won’t feel like you are on a “tour.” You can go-at-your-own pace or stick with the group, as desired.
Yoga classes are offered most days and are optional. There is plenty to do if you pass on yoga, and I can help arrange this.
Dates: December 29, 2015 – January 7, 2016
- 6 nights of accommodation at a family-run guesthouse in Chiang Mai
- 2 days and 1 night at the Elephant Nature Park (meals included)
- 2 nights of accommodation on our jungle retreat
- Yoga classes
- Welcome lunch
- Thai cooking class (lunch included)
- Tour of the Thai Freedom House & Free Bird Cafe (lunch included)
- All transportation
- Entrance fees to the temple on Doi Suthep
- A carbon offset from Terra Pass, to offset the carbon footprint of international air travel
Price Does Not Include:
- Airfare in/out of Chiang Mai
- Transportation to/from airport and hotel (about $8 each way)
- Meals, other than those listed above
Price: $2,125 (shared*), $2,250 (private*)
Prices are in USD. A non-refundable deposit of $500 USD is needed to hold your spot.
*Please note, sharing a room at our guesthouse (6 nights) would reduce the cost of the trip by $125. All rooms are shared for our 1 night at the ENP (2 people per room), and all rooms are private for the 2 nights we are on our jungle retreat.